Tool Maker Supervisor Wanted!
Our well respected client who are specialists in automotive presswork, established over 70 years ago are recruiting for a Tool Maker Supervisor to join and manage their busy team in the Tool room.
This position is responsible for supervising the repair and new Tool Makers and Machinists and to support and assist in the daily operations of the tooling and press shop. To All aspects of H & S and discipline within the tooling area. Accountable for all aspects of training and recruitment.
Want to work for a family run business which spans three generations and boasts an impressive history? Apply now!
The Successful Tool Maker Supervisor will be required to:-
Supervise and assist in the daily preventative maintenance activities in press die repair to support production.
Supervise and assist in the daily activities of the Tool Makers
Organise the efficient manufacturing of tooling.
Assign work responsibilities to Tool and Die Makers.
Ensure that production requirements are satisfied
Ensure that Company policies and procedures and adhered to.
Problem Solving and tool improvement.
Root Cause Analysis.
Authorize and make decisions concerning quality issues.
Work closely with the Production Supervisors and Materials Management
May give direction to members of the Press Team/Operator Maintenance
Be able to communicate effectively to own team and other departments
Be organised and have the ability to prioritise and multi-task
The Successful Tool Maker Supervisor will have:-
Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers.
Ability to adapt to frequent production schedule changes.
Flexibility to work extra hours to ensure jobs are completed on time.
Working knowledge of IATF-16949, ISO 14001.
Completed an Apprenticeship in Tool making and relevant courses associated.
At least four years’ experience in a fast paced, automotive manufacturing environment in a supervisory role within a tool room making new tools.
Experience with the automotive industry requirements for sample submission.
Comprehensive understanding of tandem and progression tools
Benefits of the Tool Maker Supervisor role:-
Opportunity to work for a well-established, family run Company who value their staff.
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday – 8am – 5pm and Friday 8am – 1pm.
Starting salary of £40,000 will be offered to the successful candidate.
Essential Mental Functions
• Excellent communication skills – ability to energize others and build strong commitment to results and ability to communicate a multiple levels internally and externally to the company.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a cohesive team of people to support tool engineering and tool maintenance.
• Strong passion for continuous improvement and demonstrated use of lean tools.
• Possesses the ability to plan, organize, and monitor tool engineering and maintenance activities. Detail oriented and demonstrates a keen sense of urgency in planning, communication and execution.
• Has a significant mechanical aptitude or the ability to assimilate mechanical and quality concepts in order to manufacture product with exceptional quality.
• Has the mental strength and agility to deal with intense situations, multiple time demands, and uncertainty?
Essential Physical Demands
• Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks.
• Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry frequently.
• Usage of a computer and other productivity machinery.
• Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise.
To view this vacancy on reed.co.uk, Click Here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com