This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established company as part of the management team and continue to drive manufacturing standards and business growth.
As Manufacturing Manager, you will lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards. You will have full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met and be responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team.
The Manufacturing Manager will be required to:
- Manage the production process in line with company targets, customer specifications, quality and delivery expectations, financial performance and best practice standards.
- People management including the delivery of the company People Strategy, providing technical expertise, coaching and development of a high performing manufacturing team and setting of objectives/KPIs for the team to follow
- Financial and Budget Control including forecasting
- Relationship Management including develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Self-Management being a self-starter and proactively contributing to creating a good team atmosphere
The Manufacturing Manager must have:
- Leadership and man-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercial and Financial acumen.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTEC Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven supervisory experience
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kaizen, lean manufacturing
- Experience of managing Profit & Loss responsibilities for manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain
- Understanding of IATF16949, IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO 14001
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience
- Membership of an appropriate industry related professional body would be advantageous
An attractive starting salary of £40,000 – £44,000
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 1pm
To view this advert on Reed.co.uk, Click Here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com